Monday 21 February 2011

the basics to attain a six/eight pack

hello,

Training hard is the first priority, eating harder is the next one.

I have got an eight pack and I thought it would be helpful for people who read this to know how exactly it is done.








Training you abs 2-4 times a week is a must, depending on how your body reacts.

fours exercises with four sets each , making sure they cover they cover your upper abs , lower abs and obliques

Exercises

1.Hanging leg raises - 4 sets - 15-20 reps,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ysNevIv0w
2.Reverse crunch      - 4 sets - 12-15 reps, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDJ-iLyeOow

3.Woodchopper      - 3 sets - 8-10 reps, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAplQXk3dkU
4.normal crunches    -4 sets  - 15-20 reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1PCW2xubGo

These four workouts helped me a lot and I did some cardio and swimming during the week.
But if you seem to have some fast stored , the cardio-vascular exercises are a must throughout the week.

Note-  the guy in the 3rd video is Scott Herman , his videos in useful are very useful and he seems to be properly built with no steroids. So you guys have a look at that once you feel comfortable with the above 4 exercises and rotate them for freshness.

The next important thing is eating.

the rule is simple, you have to keep track of how much protein carbs and fat you take.

protein - 1-1.5 grams of your body weight in pounds
carbs   - 1.5-2 grams of your body weight in pounds
fat        - 0.3-0.5 grams of your body weight in pounds

That is why the nutritional information behind the box of what every you are buying to eat is so important. It is not very difficult to find out the food type that will suit your needs. You just have to put in a small effort using the google search engine.

I will tell what I ate, boiled egg-whites, each contain about 3 grams, chicken breast is a very good source of protein which I ate a lot, love prawns, green vegetables give you a lot of fibre but are extremely boring, but I did eat quite a few. Subway is a good source of tasty and also healthy food. The nutritional information are on their websites so you should be able to work out how much you can eat. Peanut butter is a good source of protein and healthy fats. Brown bread always is my staple diet. for meats I would switch between turkey, beef and chicken along with some salad would be usual dinner. I'm lucky because I never like rice and I think not eating rice helped me a lot. Kellogs  is what I had every morning, I never get bored with all the several flavours.

Make sure You eat 4-6 meals a day, which could be very difficult to practice practically but the logic is to spread your intake evenly throughout the day since it works better.

Everyone loves fried food, but it is a major no-no for a 6 pack.

There is one good news though, once a week for a meal you can pretty much feast on whatever food you want to kill you cravings and its not a joke. I have tried this and the body seems to react well to such a diet.

Reading Men's Health and Muscle & Fitness magazines would help you a lot, for finding different types of food to suit you.
So if you can follow this consistently you should be able to see results pretty soon.

And depending on your muscle chain you might get a 6 or 8 pack. According to my reading it solely depends on the way the muscles are separated and you cant influence that. Personally 6 pack guys seem to have a broader pack of muscles than the 8 pack guys.

Hope this was helpful.

All the best.

1 comment:

  1. Cool da R boy... I was actually looking for info on 6/8 pack and thanks for this prompt msg... Have been doing cardio for a month and I now feel I can start these exercises from today... Thanks dude!

    ReplyDelete